Sign in to follow this  
Guest C17SimGuy

Cockpit sound effects?

I just had a quick question regarding cockpit sound effects:Is there supposed to be a tone when the Master Caution button lights up? Also, is there any warning when you disconnect the A/T? I hear a lot of sound effects (flap handle clicking, switches clicking, altitude alert, plenty of good stuff. . .) just didn't know if the two in question exist. Now that I think of it, I don't remember hearing the co-pilot calling out the 80kts and flap positions anymore. . .is this different in SU1.2? Thanks!-DrewKLGB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nope, no aurals to indicate cautions or to indicate A/T disconnection.On the classics, the A/T switch is held magnetically. If the A/T disconnect, you will hear a loud click as the switch jumps to the OFF position. I assume the NG is similar, but I already made a mistake comparing NG to classic so I won't do that here :-)Anyway, I have the 80 kts, V1, Vr and V2 callout over here.Regards,Mark

Cool. . .thanks for the quick reply regarding the MC and A/T! I'll have to check out the airspeed callouts.As for the rest, I'm not used to quiet cockpits. On the C-17 (which is actually pretty similar to the MD aircraft since they're all from the same company) has aural warnings for darn near everything. . . master caution, master warning, A/P discon, A/T discon, stab motion, altitude alerts, just to name a few. . .-drewKLGB