Sign in to follow this  
Garys

747-400 Keyboard command support

Hi Guys,I know its early days yet but Im interested to know if the upcoming 747-400 release will have keyboard commands for the MCP,EFIS,FMC etc from which cockpit builders can easily implement into their setups?Wishing everyone well over this Christmas and New Year period.CheersGaz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe they will go one step farther and release an SDK so you can interact with the systems programatically rather than with a keyboard interface. I saw on this forum that an SDK is coming for the 737 but I think they said it wouldn't include support for all of the systems. Maybe the 747 will have support for all of them. :)-Shaun

If they write everything to the Fsuipc offsets then not only will the keystrokes for the all of the systems be controllable by keyboard encoders for switches etc, but the numeric displays of the MCP, Radio, warning lights and announciators will be able to be read by hardware such as FSbus, InterfaceIT etc and output onto 7 segment diplays and Led's. If you then undock the PFD/ND and EICAS screens and put them in the correct position, cockpit builders will have a really great setup. Maybe if PMDG read this they can consider building this type of program as another option for the 737 and 747 and any future projects and only concentrate on systems as great looking 2d cockpit panels and external aircraft visuals are not required with this type of setup.gaz