Sign in to follow this  
Guest zanther0

great fun but..

Guest zanther0

Love the new 737ng but I'm having some problems:1) I can not get the autoland to work. Once g/s and loc are captured I hit the app and then the 2nd cmd button but the 2nd cmd button does not take. I have read all I can about the subject and can't see what I'm doing wrong. I align myself perfectly with the runway, g/s centered but app and cmd do not take2) the above mentioned usually results in a crash, when my plane crashes so does FS2004, everytime.3) when saving flight info the FMC info does not save? I want to save an approach landing to practice autolands but when I do the FMC info is all gone making the autoland practice harder to do?anyone have any suggestions here? I come from a background of using 767pic with fs2002.presario

Guest ilh

Do you have both nav radios tuned for the ILS? I'm pretty sure they both have to be tuned to the same frequency to get a dual-channel approach.Unfortunately, the FMC info does not save with FS's save. I too wish it did.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Lee,You are 100% right. Both NAV receivers need to be tuned to the ILS freq. If you don't tune them both, you can only do a single channel approach, with a manual landing.

Presario,If I understand your issue correctly, you are saying that you capture the glideslope then press the APP ... I believe that is impossible .. with the Autopilot on, you make a 30-35 degree HDG/SEL approach to the localizer, press VORLOC, VORLOC annunciated in white. Once the A/C turns and intercepts the localizer, VORLOC turns green, then you press APP and the 2nd AP button if you want to autoland. G/S is annunciated in white .. at the glideslope intercept (diamond in the middle) G/S turns green. and you should autoland nicely .. loc and gs intercept work "perfectly" in the PMDG 737NG imho .. have not autolanded yet because I have trained myself not to (hahahahaha)I don't know how the AP will intercept the glideslope with the APP off as you indicate in your noteThis is no different in the PIC 767. VORLOC to intercept the localizer, APP to intercept the glideslopeAs Lee points out you must have both radios tuned to the ILS freq and the course set correctly.

Guest zanther0

Thanks guys did not know that both nav radios need to be tuned.. now is there a way to automatically tune them? What I have been doing is as follows:vnav into the approach,(or hdg/sel with v/s), when g/s and loc come alive press app and 2nd cmd button, until now I didn't know both radios needed to be tuned. Now what about speed control?, in 767pic I use to dial in the speed as scheduled by flaps, with 737ng it doesn't appear that the IAS/MACH speed selector has that effect even though I have A/T on and both cmds on. Does the APP button also control speed?One more thing, what is the best manual out there to learn this stuff, until now I've been using the "flight crew training manuals"... not very good I'm afraid..Presario

Guest ba747heavy

No autotune on the nav radios, just like in the real thing. The APP button doesn't control speed: you do. On approach, you dial in the ref speed, which is calculated in your FMC.