Sign in to follow this  
Guest ILS

Taking off - next waypoint....

Programming the FMC for a real simple route. Directo from DEPART airport to the RX-point of the DEST airport runway:1. Entering the FROM airport2. Entering the TO airport3. Taking off.4. Flying straight ahead until around 1500 ft5. I am now approx 10 nm left of the FMC/ND track to the TO airport6. So after clean up, a bit of more climb etc I engage the A/P for VNAV and NAV. The aircraft turns right and heads towards the RX-point for the destination airport. Here's where I'm getting a bit confused:7. I'm used to the aircraft turning back to its designated track and adhering to this. Instead I see the 737NG flying towards the next waypoint (in this case the RX-point for the destination airport). 8. This means my aircraft is not following its route. it is flying to the left of the track in the ND.9. I was also expecting to see some kind of indication of how well it tracks its L(ateral) path. "0.2 nm left/right" etc.10. Do I have to enter something "extra" into the FMC in order for the aircraft to steer towards it's L-path as soon as I engage the Lnav mode?ILS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, Thats all normal.In real the fmc know that its next waipoint (in this case its the RX-point) is RX...So it flighs direct to it.I hope you understand it.Ramon.