Sign in to follow this  
fly_ebos

suggestion for future updates

Hi,There's one feature that I would find very cool on the future PMDG 737's : automatic pause at TOD. PSS has incorporated it on the A330/340 and I really love it, makes "life" a lot easier.I know it's a little bit away of the "as real as it get's"-idea but then a real simulator has flight freeze as well !:-walksmile RegardsThomas

Guest norwegian

It does sound like a neat feature but here's why it really should not be on:Iv'e talked to pilots flying the 733 who where flying them forthe low cost operator Norwegian, where they told mehow bad the 737 is to keep the speed down on descent! One time two pilots drinking coffe and talking FORGOT toset the altitude for the VNAV to start the descent!!and to be able to land on first attempt they took the gearout in 9000 feet to get the speed more down!!!So having that pause option will bring the realism down!after all were all humans!!!Thinking about all the extra fuel they had to use if theywhere to go around!! Not a low cost operator for no-reason!And after all, fuel is expensive in Norway!!about 8-9 norwegian kroner per Liter (1 gal.=3 to 4 liters - 1 dollar = 6-7 kroner)and i've seen gas stations in US selling a gallon for 74 cents)