Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

Unable to control FMC during flight

Hi PMDG,it is very difficult for me to understand why, during an EGLL-EBBR flight, the FMC after some waipoints misses the route (i can see the route line without discontinuities).I still have the problem in engaging the VNAV button.The aircraft is stunning, the sounds are the most realistic I have ever heard, everithing at the best level, but... I'd like to complete a flight planned by FMC without problems. Please, is there a tutorial in order to have the "how to do" of the 737 FMC?Andrea

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andrea.Patience. I felt like you the first days. I came from Airbus world (PSS), and it took me two weeks beginning to understand this fantastic aircraft. Since monday, I am able to show the V1, VR and V2 (simple?, it took me two weeks, reading and looking posts), and to make a short fly of 45 min, with FMC commanding it, succesfully with a fantastic landing (no autoland, I prefer do it by hand because this ac, flares like no one).You can find a good tutorial from Fred Clausen at avsim library.Take this process with patience and read and listen everyone who post in this forum.In a few time you

Many thanks, Miguel, also I come from a PSS A320 experience. Have you any idea of why I cannot engage the VNAV button after takeoff? LNAV works, VNAV doesn't work. Did you have a problem like this.Many thanksAndrea

Usually if you cannot engage VNAV, the reason why will be displayed in the scratchpad on the FMC. Make sure your MCP altitude is set high enough so that it's not limiting the VNAV climb. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I believe there is a minimum altitude and speed for VNAV engagement.