Sign in to follow this  
Chappie

Edit Autopilot Defaults

Is there a way to edit the 100 kt default value that exists in the 737 TNG airspeed setting? I would like to increase it to 250 as my new default. And I don't mean by turning the knob. Thanks

Guest ba747heavy

"Chappie" =Forum rules require that you sign your real name to your posts, thank you.And to answer your question, no, you can't.

Wow, I forget to end with my name one time and I get yelled at by someone who is not even a moderator....I need to work on being perfect more. Thanks for your reply on the autopilot.Steve

Guest ba747heavy

Steve,I didn't yell at you. I simply reminded you that the rules require you to sign your name, so that a moderator wouldn't have to waste his time on a simple thing like this. Surely this isn't a bad thing is it?

"Is there a way to edit the 100 kt default value that exists in the 737 TNG airspeed setting? I would like to increase it to 250 as my new default. "Steve, it's normal procedure to set V2 for takeoff on most Boeings (including the NG). V2 seems a long way from 250kts (but not so far away from 100kts). Setting V2 ensures that the Flight Director gives you the correct pitch guidance for your initial climb.BTW, if I recall correctly, 100kts is the value which appears automatically when you electrically depower/repower a real NG. Having 250kts as a default is further reducing the reality of your simming experience ;-)Also note the recent tip for using your right mouse button to increase your MCP speed selection by a factor of 10.Cheers.Ian.

Thanks for the reply...I missed the recent tip but I figured it out yesterday that the right mouse button rolls in 10 kt increments which makes for very quick changes. Thats all I want to do was be able to move that number quicker. Thanks.Steve