Sign in to follow this  
Guest steven van leeuwen

Trim doesn't work?!

Guest steven van leeuwen

Hi guys,I have some problems with the Pitch trim. The effect of the pitch trim is fine, only when I select it to go up, I can only see the little wings at the tail (don't know the name of it) bouncing a bit up. After that it turns to the middle right away. In the other aircrafts you could hold the pitch trim button down; and the tailwings came and stayed really down (so not only a bit!)What's normal?Regards,Steven

Guest lbb

Hi Steven,Just tried it and although the stabilizer is bouncing up and down (which is indeed a bit silly) they are also actually MOVING up and down. Just try it over a pitch trim setting from all the way up to all the way down, you'll see.Leo Bakker

"although the stabilizer is bouncing up and down (which is indeed a bit silly) they are also actually MOVING up and down."Sounds like the tradeoff PMDG had to make to get fine pitch trim control (previously mentioned on the forum). Trimming was very coarse in the previous version (and not realistic). For better system realism/aircraft handling, the visuals had to take a back seat. A good tradeoff in this case, I'd say ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest steven van leeuwen

Hi Leo,I tried again, and I see it is going up and down, only very slow. That's not usual I think. Thanx for your reply, cause first I was afraid it wasn't moving up and down at all.Regards,Steven van Leeuwen

Guest lbb

Hi Ian,I certainly don't want to question the wisdom of that decision, it has indeed been greatly improved. But that doesn't mean to say that it doesn't look silly :-)Therefore I recommend following real world procedures for setting the trim: stay put in your cockpit seat while fiddling with the trim switches :-)Leo Bakker

"stay put in your cockpit seat while fiddling with the trim switches"Great words of wisdom there Leo :-) ....Unless we're talking about the lesser-known trim limit switches mounted on the stabilizer jackscrew mechanism in the tail ;-) (Boeing Maintenance Manual D&O Ref 27-41-00).Cheers.Ian.P.S. Did anyone check to see if the range of actual stab movement is exactly 17.1 degrees? :-) (From 4.2 degrees stab nose up to 12.9 degrees nose down)

Please keep in *mind* that ANIMATION of the exterior movement might not be 100% in sync with the actual movement of the trim. Of course I not need to tell anyone that it's impossible to trim for an exterior view lol...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg