Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hickup4695

Great News for Dial Up Users

Guest Hickup4695

Gents, They got it done. PMDG team put together a program that allows us dial up users to get the bird. Worked great spilt up the file like we asked and I even used DAP with resume support so I was able to download the 14MB files in two days time. Just installed and went without a hitch just flowed through. The program you download doesn't really install the bird but creats another program, kinda mashes it together and from there the bird is made.Thanks PMDG, remember us when you put together the awesome 747 and you will have more buyers.David

That's great to hear David. I like to tell you that it was mostly the tester's inputs about the single file download. In the past the file was broken into parts and many folks were not too happy with that process. We looked at a single download process as a simple and easy way for all to get the file. We would have thought of another way if we would have known some 56k users would have such difficulty. I guess my point is that PMDG were trying their best to make it easy for everyone and we all thought this was the way. Kudos to them for working out a way for you guys to finally get the file! Cheers,Randy Smith