Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanity3d

VNAV Path Descent

Guest sanity3d

Hi all,Just a question for the Real World Pilots among us,When i fly a VNAV Path Descent and i dial in the Alt on the MCP i have to press the LSK1 on the CRZ page of the FMC before the plane starts the VNAV Path Descent.Is it the same for the Real Planes as well? or do the pilots just dial in the Altitude on the MCP and it is automaticly shown in the FMC as in the Boeing CBT`s and in the Airbusses.TIAToni P.P.s Are the any diffrences in FMC usage in 737-300 ,737-700 etc.

Guest quietwing

Hi Toni,When I fly a VNAV Path Descent I dial in the altitude on the MCP that I've been cleared to. The aircraft will then begin descent on its own once it has reached the computed Top of Descent point. The altitude that was set on the MCP will drop down to the scratch pad on the CDU for optional entry into the cruise field. I find that I rarely do this unless the change in altitude was only a few thousand feet or I'll be staying at the new altitude for a long period of time. This gives the FMC a chance to work out a new TOD point. I'm not familiar with the FMC in the 737-300, but I would guess the -700 is more advanced.Hans

No, the aircraft DEScends IF you have the ALT reset. The FMC will display a message 5 miles prior to the Top Of Descent. The PMDG does this exactly the same. Yes pretty much they are the same IF the software running is the same on the classics. This NG software is U10.4...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg