Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

What am I Overlooking?

I need some advice. I've had the 737 up "trying her out" and all has gone pretty well so far after trying to tweak out a few more fps. The problem is, even after following the checklists in the manual, I must be still doing something wrong or overlooking something, because I still have yellow warning messages on the panel warning screen (FLT CONT, ELEC, ANTI ICE, FUEL, OVERHEAD, HYD) and an occasional warning buzzer while in the air. I tried taking care of all points of the checklist, but must be overlooking something. Shouldn't the warning panel be clear before takeoff? The manual seems thorough and well written, but is there any other tutorial type documentation available for the 737? The manual tells what the switches do but not how or why. Also, the checklists take you right before engine start and then after start but I can't find the starting steps themselves. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is a tutorial written by me in the Avsim forums. Search for my name.To answer your question - the NG doesn't automatically clear the caution light upon clearing the offending condition. Once you load the plane up and establish electrical power, the first thing you should do it to clear the caution lamp. Then proceed down the checklist.