Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goose

Frame Rates and system specs

Guest Goose

Hi allI have everything turned on and sliders full right in FS9.On average I get 45-50 frame rates with frame rate slider to full right as well. I might set several cloud layers including thunderstorms with visibility turned up full and I still get around 25-30 frame rates. EGLL with fair weather set and I get around 18-20 frame rates. Why is that? Could Ultimate Traffic cause this? and by the way, I am in the PMDG 737-700NG when flying into EGLL.My system specs are:P4 2.8 with Hyper ThreadingAsus P4S800 MotherboardAsus V9900 128meg Videocard (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800)1 Gig Ram120Gig 7200rpm Hard Drive IDE (Seagate)8 meg cache19inch LG 900B MonitorI run all at 1024 by 768 and 100 Hertz refresh rate.Anyway. Thanks in advance to those who reply to my question.CheersPaul AustraliaHe is safe from danger whom is on guard even when safe.

Guest mvf1981

Hi PaulI like the way you talk about frame rates in FS9 :)The most I get with my sliders at med-max in the scenery areas and with all cloud settings way down to the left and AI traffic off I get no more than about 20 tops! with OSS EGKK 2004 and PMDG running my frames rates are a bit worrying! as my system is A AMD XP 3000+ASUS A7N8x Motherboard1GB DDR 333MHz RAM256MB FX5900 ultra by leadtec20GB and 120GB HDD windows on 20 gig and fs on the 120gig17" crt monitor CTXrunning at 1280x1024 at (85Hz refresh I think) although their is about 1fps difference between 1024x768 and 1280x1024!So when your lowest frames are about 20 and we have very similar spec PC

I really haven't seen anything below 25FPS with my new system except when using Active Sky 2004 with the overcast enhancement turned on. (which they're gonna fix using that cirrus .bmp alpha channel tweak I've heard) The NG is an aboslute dream to fly on my rig:Case - Antec Super LanboyPSU - Antec True Power 550Mobo - Abit NF7-S 2.0 BIOS 20CPU - AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3200+Heatsink - Vantec Aeroflow (replacing with a Thermalright SP-97 for even better OCing soon)Video - ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Catalyst 3.10Sound - Audigy 2 ZS Platinum ProHD - 80GB Western Digital 8MB buffer 7200RPMCDRW - Plextor 52X32X52DVD - Pioneer DVD-106S (getting replaced by a burner soon)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Goose

Hi MarkI installed RIVATUNER set all the NVIDIA settings to default and then uninstalled RIVATUNER. After doing this I got an extra slider in the NVIDIA settings for clock frequencies. I gradualy adjusted these(increased)and my machine is flying. Before this I manualy played with the settings and nothing helped. Once I did the above I noticed a 40-50% improvement.By the way. I reduced some of the traffic at EGLL and it increased my frame rates slightly. Thanks for the advice.PaulAustralia