Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Divert Procedure

Goodmorning,Lets say that we are doing a flight from LGAV to LGKV FMC fully programed up to the landing rnw at destination airport, no go around procedure after the rnw so rn05 for example is the last point in the FMC legs page.Arriving at the airport the weather is getting worse, aiport is closed but you are giving one shot just in case. No luck ok Passing the threshold at 500ft on the missed app the FMC scratchpad you have ROUTE END. Diversion is to LGTS and I am asking now whta is the proper procedure to pass the route in the PMDG FMC. I tryied entering in the route page LGTS as destination, I tryied deleting both Origin and Destination and re selecting them, the result was that I was not getting any Speed or ALT entryies at the leg page so No VNAV availabel. The perf page was correctly completed a new FL was enetered Executed numerous times but nothing.Any ideas folks?Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest tmetzinger

>Goodmorning,>>>Lets say that we are doing a flight from LGAV to LGKV FMC>fully programed up to the landing rnw at destination airport,>no go around procedure after the rnw so rn05 for example is>the last point in the FMC legs page.>>Arriving at the airport the weather is getting worse, aiport>is closed but you are giving one shot just in case. No luck ok>Passing the threshold at 500ft on the missed app the FMC>scratchpad you have ROUTE END. >>Diversion is to LGTS and I am asking now whta is the proper>procedure to pass the route in the PMDG FMC. I tryied entering>in the route page LGTS as destination, I tryied deleting both>Origin and Destination and re selecting them, the result was>that I was not getting any Speed or ALT entryies at the leg>page so No VNAV availabel. The perf page was correctly>completed a new FL was enetered Executed numerous times but>nothing.>>Any ideas folks?>>ChrisI need to experiment, but here's what I THINK (and I'll be happy to be proven wrong):I think that the concept of an alternate destination (that's what we're talking about here, NOT an inflight diversion) is not yet supported by PMDG. In order for that to work, you have to be able to reset the FMC back into CLIMB mode, so it will expect a cruise segment, followed by a descent and approach.Because this is not modelled (yet), VNAV won't work.However, if you add the waypoints after the runway (you should have your missed approach in there at least) you can still use the LNAV mode and add additional LEGS to your alternate airport. You'll have to manage your altitude using the VS mode (which should work) or LVL CHG (which might work).I'll play a little today, and if I come up with a good workaround I'll post the high points, and make it one of the programmed goals in the tutorial.