Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

What do YOU think about this?!?

HelloI just got this idea, after reading some posts (again) on main FS2004 forum.There's this new client for online flying - www.flightproject.net. No SB2 (which was great few years back, but today is for trashing away). I didn't test it myself yet, but I hear only excellent things about it. One BIIIG MINUS: it's not on VATSIM.The idea is basically, to organize the next PMDG event on this network. Do you think that people would switch? Would you?Think that in that case not only we, PMDG pilots should change, but also ATCs that would be expecting us on the different airports too...Tomorrow I will check the client a bit, see if it's really worth. If the client really does what they say it does...then maybe it's worth...So, I'm hoping for lots of opinions on this one! :)

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Considering VATSIM is a well established network with 12,000 members and FPI is only a few months old with a very very limited amount of members(and therefore controllers) this ideda would not be feasible.At the end of the day, you could surely arrange your own PMDG groupflight and people will follow.But on a large scale, I dont think this will happen :(BTW, www.squawkbox.caJohn (Once known as Macs)http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest stclvax

It does, what they say it does.I have it installed, and tested.Works like a charm with my PMDG 736.No zig-zagging around.Fluent motion.The TCAS system is also something to be seen, errr heard.TCAS by definition is something for when controllers really screws up, or pilots just want to have fun and fly close formation. Never in my onlinetime did I have more fun, then when the computer said "TRAFFIC DECEND DECEND" and a few seconds later "CLEAR OF TRAFFIC".One "negative" thing about their voice tool. People tend to forget which PTT-Button is for which channel. Followed by the "Sorry wrong channel".In short "I like it, I'll stick with it"It's not supported on VATSIM. So be it.With this tool I'd rather fly at FPI than at VATSIM.stclvax

Guest Lenny Zaman

fyi, on IVAO a new pilot client is also being prepared(Ivap) in conjunction with the new 'smashing' radar client(Ivac).The servers are being recoded to use all functions seen in real life controlling stations as Eurocontrol, maastricht.Features include a third COMM channel, flight plan ammendments by ATC and numerous othersCheers(come fly IVAO :))

Captains-although I do recognize this as being a VERY civil and polite discussion on pros and cons of every online community, too many times have I seen such conversations turn ugly because people will want to defend their preferences over their "adversaries".As such, even though everyone has been extremely nice and polite, I'd like to stop this here. I am sure there are a million other forae where you can educate yourselves on advantages/disadvantages of each network. Please visit those and let's keep the PMDG forum related to PMDG products!Thanks for your understanding!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg