Sign in to follow this  
Noel

I love the B737NG, but what's the fuss about the 1900D?

I was so favorably impressed with the 737, that I was delighted to purchase the new B1900D. I am a bit surprised why there is so much praise for this one, as it has very odd sounds at times ( I LOVE the sounds in the 737--you r there!), and there is so little in the way of features, using mostly default gauges here and there. The price is right though. I think it performs well because it isn't that much more complex than the default aircraft, save a prettier VC, though with little function.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Ahh, sorry. It is a good value for the $$ for sure, prob just not my preference for type of aircraft to simfly. Thanks again, esp for the 737NG. The sounds alone are worth it for that bird.Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest rog74

Hi Marc,Looks like you will need to exercise some due patience with a percentage of the customers who purchased the Beech. Rather than a negative, I would offer that this confusion is a positive, or rather an affirmation of PMDG's former work. Short comparison for you.A couple years ago Land Rover rolled out a new product called the "Freelander." The Freelander was, at it's core, a stripped down Land Rover. It's base price was about twenty five thousand. It was intended to be an affordable SUV for those that could not afford the eighty thousand plus sticker on other traditional Land Rovers.Now, everyone from the Land Rover enthusiasts to those who wrote the automobile reviews, realized that this Rover was not going to be quite the car that it's siblings are. They had all read the literature and were mentally prepared for an "economy" Land Rover. However, This foreknowledge failed to prevent a certain percentage of shock when the car was originally released. The overall reviews were not that bad at all. In fact, the majority of reviews were good. However, there were some people taken aback by just how economy it was, especially when compared to other Land Rovers. While the car was praised, there was constant comparison to other Land Rovers in terms of quality and standards. This was natural, given the high bar Land Rover had set for itself.Since it's release, the Freelander has found a nice little niche. Now "regular" folks can own a Rover for under thirty thousand. Don't expect it to perform like an eighty thousand dollar Rover though.I guess the moral of the story is this. If you are in the habit of producing extremely high quality products, be prepared for a certain amount of confusion when releasing an "economy" product. No matter the amount of literature warning potential customers that it won't be like it's siblings in stature.Take it as a compliment. Don't get bent out of shape over it.Cheers,Roger

Guest racartron

Actually it's all in the point of view. If you compare the B1900 to the 737NG, the the Rover comparison is valid. OTH, if you compare the B1900 to ANY other B1900 available,it is an astounding improvement.I don't have the 737NG, so cannot make the Rover comparision. But I do have all the other B1900's available previously and am in, what we say down here in Georgia, hog heaven.Course, if this size bird is not your cup o' tea, then it's a moot issue. ;)-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what