Sign in to follow this  
Guest wee_davie_2612

Audio Control Panel

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,Are there any plans to include an ACP in the 800/900 package (also updating the 600/700)? I don't know about anyone else but I like having the ability to listen to two radios so that I can pick up an ATIS report on one and monitor ATC on the other. I've seen a few pics of NG's that have small control panels built in to the Comm selectors. This would do me fine. Most have large 'all-inclusive' ACP's though. Some pictures can be found [a href=http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?id=444418,398618,338090,415573]here[/a]While I'm here, does anyone know what he small MFD directly to the left of the Comm3 panel in [a href=http://www.airliners.net/open.file/219247/L/]this[/a] pic does (labeled HGS)?CheersDavid

Guest Deeks

The unit is a HGS or Head-up Guidance System control panel. One of the seven components in the system used to project all primary flight data to the pilot's forward field of view via a projector(combiner). And since the system is usually CAT I-III cert'd you do not need to perform head-down/head-up approaches as you would without one.Markus

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Markus and Tord,Markus, thanks for the info, I've read that using some types of HUD you are allowed to hand fly a single engine CAT III landing, that's my idea of fun :-lolTord, I've seen the tutorial but I didn't like the look of the fix - doesn't fit in well. I could easily make an ACP with Comm selectors and nav ident swithces myself, there is just no point if PMDG are going to do it :)Also, PMDG, what is your policy if I made such an add on? Do you allow such things to be uploaded to avsim? The reason I ask is that I made a Comm selector for a well known payware A320 series (no names but I think you can guess) and asked the same question. They said catagorically 'NO'. After I asked another simple question (could I host it on my site) they decided to delete the post without warning. The e-mail exchange after that has made me decide never to do buisness with them again.The [a href=http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/PSSabuscom.htm]fix[/a] was never released which is a shame because I think a lot of people would have enjoyed it.Lucky PMDG are making a 747 that I can replace their one with ;)Anyway, back to lighter discussions, do you guys have any plans for adding an ACP?Cheers David

Guest wee_davie_2612

BUMP,David