Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Strange problems

Hi Guys !!! I have had a strange problem with my 737. I set everything ok then i took off at 1500 ft i activated the autopilot and lvl chg function to reach my altitude. The plane instead of climbing started to descend. So i tried to click on V7S but it disconnnected. After trying it a lot of time i got thedecision to disinstalla ll fs9. I have installed everything again my 737 and i tried the flight but i had the same problem. The autopilot is engaded but i amnot abe to reach the altitude selected. What can be the problem? Thank You Alfredo

"The plane instead of climbing started to descend. "Did you have the A/T switch ON, Alfredo? If not... and your thrust levers are not in a position to give you enough thrust to achieve the MCP (usually) target airspeed for climb... the aircraft will, I believe, dive (using the elevator) to achieve that particular airspeed.Cheers.Ian.

Hi Ian My A/T is on. Infact i take off in toga. Then once reached the altitude of 1500 ft and a speed of 190. with 60% of fuel in the wings center empty and 97000lbs of ZFW. I engage the autopilot and when i click on lvl chg the palne fall down and the lvl chg disangage. I dont know why it worked so so well till yesterday:DAnyway thank you for ur quick answer Alfredo

Hi Randy !!When i start to climb the LVL CHG is off then i engage the autopilot and i press on lvl. If i would disangage once i disangage the autopilot to climb the plane again and reached a correct altitude and activate autopilot again i engage lvl but the plane point to the ground.Thank You ANyway Alfredo

Sorry I did not understand your reply to clearly. Let me see if I can work this out for you If you take off in TOGA and engage an A/P, the LVL CH button does not need to be pushed to engage LVL CH because the FMS does it for you in this particular case. So, my logical question would be why are you turning on LVL CH when it does not need to be? If you desire another PITCH MODE simply choose and engage it. You can go VNAV,V/S,LVL CH or CWS-P, whatever you choose but it will not fly itself unless you tell it what you want it to do ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

yes right question:D i tried to engage V/S. I engaded selected the the rate of climb and after 3 seconds it disengaged alone and the plane started his discend towards the land. What i cant understand is why it acts like this if it worke everything till yesterday:DThank you again ALfredo

You can Alfredo tell us if you have installed anything since yesterday AT ALL into FS? And one other thing that helps is screenshots at the MOMENT of the trouble, maybe we can see something that perhaps you are missing.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

OK randy i will do a screen and i will try to post it so i hope u can see everything. Yesterday i disinstalled everything all FS9. I installed again I Installed my 737 and the latest update. That's all. Ayway i will post a screen..Thank You very much and good nite Alfredo

HI I am attaching the screen of what happen to the plane. Hope u can help me. Thank You Alfredo

here is the last one with the more sinking then i have to disangage autopilot and pilot the plane but the plane will crash:(

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Alfredo,The first thing I notice is that you are in CWS P mode (look on the PFD next to the CMD symbol). This means that you are supposed to be controlling the pitch of the aircraft (it over-rides the autopilot).Do you release your yoke/joystick once you have engaged the autopilot? If you have let it go and the aircraft is still going into this mode then it means that your yoke/joystick is still applying enough pressure to force this mode.Make sure that your yoke/joystick is callibrated correctly and that it returns to center when you let it go (or make sure that you move it to a neutral pitch)Hope this helps :)CheersDavid

Oh DAvid!!!!! U have solved my provblem:D:D:D:D:D I had one knob of the yoke timmed all down for that i needed so long runway to take off:DAnyway thank you very very much for ur great help and thak you to the other guys that tried to help me and gave me good advices. Reagards Alfredo

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Alfredo,I'm glad I could help and that you got it sorted :DCheersDavid

Guest Buck Bolduc

Alfredo.I found my C&H yoke became sticky after a while. If so I recommend lubricating it with Silicon spray lube. It's cheap, $250.00 for a can of the spray. It made a world of difference in the smoothnes of the yoke. It allso returns to nuetral position every time because of the no stickyness factor.Dont use a degreaser to clean your yoke, a friend tried that and it softened the plastic of to where it sort of welded the parts together.Regards