Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

Problems with NavData AIRAC 0403 / PMDG SIDSTARS 0403

Dear PMDG,with the new verions of NavData AIRAC 0403 with PMDG SIDSTARS 0403 I started to have problems in approaching London Heathrow airport. The 737, during the approach (e.g. EGLL via STAR OCK1G + DILS09R), misses the course. I had to go back to the previous NavData AIRAC 0313 with PMDG SIDSTARS 0401 to solve my problem.Andrea

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi There,They were quite a few changes in the European skies around the end of the year and until mid March 2004. The latest Airac from NavData takes into account these changes. If you guys are still using terminal procedures which were written before the changes occured it no wonder that you get error messages. It is highly recommended you update your terminal procedures for European airports such as those suggested by Simon or new procedures available at NavData (section Sids and Stars) for the simple reason that the terminal procedures available from the PMDG site are based on DAFIF datas which may or may not have been updated to the latest changes by the US government.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Howdy all>They were quite a few changes in the European skies around the>end of the year and until mid March 2004. The latest Airac>from NavData takes into account these changes. As Michael says, the "DAFIF datas which may or may not have been updated to the latest changes by the US government". Any inaccurate procedures (SIDs/STARs/IAPs) I can fix but I am not getting any feedback to point out the errors. My address is in the "A must read now.txt" file that accompanies the procedures and there is also a mail list to discuss the DAFIF. All I ask is that an official chart of the procedure(s) accompany your finding. Also please note, I can only correct procedures that are in the DAFIF. If the airport or terminal procedure is not in the DAFIF I obviously can not correct it since there is no data to correct.RegardsTerry