Sign in to follow this  
Guest Petruz

Feeding the FMC and climb rate

Guest Petruz

Hi,i have a question about putting in the flightplan into the FMC. Have i first to put in the Interesection and then the Airway, or first the airway and then the intersection?My second question is, where to put in the top of climb point? About how many miles. My Plane climb always with high climb rates, about 4000ft/m, this is too much, how can i lower it without disarming the VNVAV Mode?Regards,Peter

Guest TrafficTraffic

Why do you say it is too much? Why do you care where your T/C point is? Putting it further down range may be less efficient.If you want to reduce your climb rate, use reduced thrust climb. You can get to the page (N1? I'm drawing a blank right now) from the INIT REF index. When you preflight the FMC, you "automatically" come to this page after filling out the PERF INIT page. Choose CLB-1 or CLB-2.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

The basic rule with entering airways on the RTE page is that you must always have an "anchor" point at both ends. So for instance if I want to go from PXR (Phoenix) to BLD (Boulder City) along J92, I'd first enter in PXR on the right side of the RTE page in the TO columm. You should see the FMC take it and place a DIRECT automatically accross from it. Then, right below it on the left side VIA column, enter in J92. FMC shoudl take it and now directly across from it in the TO column, place BLD. That completes the airway and now if you go check the LEGS page you'll see that the FMC has automatically filled in all the waypoints that are on J92 between PXR and BLD.So basically to sum it up again, you're telling the FMC this logic:I want to get on airway Jxx at point A, I want to get off airway Jxx at point B.Do note that you can string airways together by starting up a new one in the via column directly below the common waypoint the two airways share. You can also start an airway right after entering a SID on the DEP/ARR page by going back to the RTE page and building off the last waypoint of the SID...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com