Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

PMDG 747 Queen of the skies.

Guest sb55mv

Hi.I am looking forward to the release of the PMDG 747 with great anticipation, I had the PSS 777 and 747, but I see that in this new product we will get the same looking panel, so I was wondering why no one has done a 747 with a different colour panel, after all these years we still have that depressingly crappy looking dark brown,whereas I have seen them in real life in the similar colour as the PSS Dash8 panel colour. doesn't anyone else think it's time for a face lift !thanksSteve.

Guest Marc Harrington

Steve,not sure what you are talking about, but all 747-400 have brown cockpits. My panels are all 3D models with photoreal textures, so what you see in our add-on is what the pilots see in the real plane. We only make realistic representations of airplanes at PMDG, no fantasy additions (except for the occasional livery).Sincerely,

Steve, one only has to take a look at the real cockpit photos on Airliners.net (400 series) to see that indeed this is correctly modelled. The PMDG panel is not the *same* as PSS although a somwhat simular shade..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest sb55mv

thanks for the replies guy's, it was never meant to be a bash at PMDG,but I see what you all mean, I just felt that the cockpit's looked dull and boringly brown,although true to life, I wonder who the colour chooser is at Boeing, colour blind maybe, or just not very imaginativeSteve,

Guest Boaz

Who choose the color?Well I can tell you that they choose the brown color after extensive testing!This color was the color that had the best impact on awareness, comfort and performance, not the plane of course, but pilots flying long trips...You want a simulation or a fantasy?The 777 has the same colors...Boaz...