Sign in to follow this  

kai tak

I was wondering if the closed kai tak airport was included in the fs2002 default scenery. I know obviosly that it is not activated as an actual airport. but is actually there?Thanks in advance Grant Z.

It is there, but not very detailed. It is basically a closed runway in the spot where the airport used to be. There is some scenery you can add if you want Kai Tak back.

It's there, I've done approaches to rwy 13. Look north east of the new airport if I'm not mistaking.Lance

I know about the payware scenery. But is there any freeware?P.S. thanks for the quick replies.

See the file library at www.flightsim.com for: Name: kt2000v3.zip Size: 6,049,534 Date: 02-26-2001 Downloads: 21558 FS2000 scenery--Kai Tak 2000 in Hong Kong v3. Includes more than 600 buildings surrounding the airport, custom terminal and detailed airport and tarmac, curved approach lighting. New to v3: photorealistic buildings, detailed airport, cargo Terminal at Kwai Chung, accurate building heights, outer and inner markers, detailed airport, FS2000 style water texture, bridges, fences, taxiway centerlines and many more other enhancements. By Thomas Kwong. It's FS2000 scenery but it works with FS2002. There are some other freeware Kai Tak addons in the FS.com library also (gates, static aircraft, etc). Just do a search there on Kai Tak.Trip

I have downloaded the V3 kai tak by thomas kwong but whenever i start up fs2002 in hong kong my pc freezes. Is there any framerate friendly scenery out there? By the way i did an approach to the default scenery earlier in a pan-am 747 and I think a few of my passengers had a heart attack :). LOL P.S. I have a fairly slow computer, that could be the problem.

How slow, 707 man? If V3 is a pain, try V2. The buildings are lower and less proliferous but, heck, we're there to fly the arrival not look in peoples' windows.By the way - HJG have the most gorgeous CX 707-320 which works fine in FS2002 (given the FSEdit mod). The only way to arrive for you, perhaps ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Hey dark moment. Thanks for the reply I'll try V2. Is it compatible with fs2002? by the way the 707 is'nt the only aircraft I fly in the sim. But it is one of my favorites. And I know about HJG.