Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dkoy

New buttons on the MCP?

HiI have a question, in fact I have a lot, but first this one. I couldn't find the question in the manual.On the MCP there now two new buttons - Speed INTV and Alt INTV - what are those for? I thought I knew the 737 cockpit - but now these new buttons :-)BrSteen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi SteenWell this is one of the new functions. Pushing SPD INTV will open up the speed window on the MCP and let you choose a speed while still in VNAV mode. The FMC will announce XXX/MCP in the TGT SPD lione on the CLB, CRZ and DES pages.ALT INTV is basically the same. You can override the altitudes programmed in the FMC while still in VNAV mode. It also engages VNAV PTH if in cruise and VNAV ALT is the pitch mode. This latter feature needs you to check "Allow VNAV ALT" in the PMDG|Styles menu. This feature is another option from noeing where VNAV will not disengage on a intermediate MCP level off.Hope it makes sense,

Thanks for the answer.I have noticed all the choises in the Styles menu. I am really impressed about this add on.ThanksBrSteen