Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Transition Alt and Lvl

Hi Guys,First off, SUPER DUPER JOB!!! I am enjoying every moment of the new NG's and having a blast.One bug though has carried over from the previous version. When I select the transition level in the DES forecast page it changes the value in the transition ALT line in the INIT REF page (PERF). What I mean to say is that if I input a Transition LVL it also becomes the Transition ALT and vice versa. Will this bug be resolved? No big deal though, I just select transition LVL in cruise instead of doing it in my preflight.Thanks a ton once again for a wonderful product.Dinshaw.

Hi DinshawThe PMDG team should have all credit for this, but thanks for your kind words.Regarding the TL/TA question. Yes this is a known, not implemented feature. It was decided during beta testing that making the TA and TL independent of eachother would not be implemented.Cheers,

Hi Mats,Thanks for the reply and duly noted. Just curious, was it a programming obstacle or something? I am not for a second requesting this be looked into again, just a matter of curiosity! Thanks once again,Dinshaw.

Dinshaw,I really don't have any information as to why it wasn't implemented. Can't believe it would've been a programming obstacle. Rather a time vs. value issue. But then again your guess is as good as mine.Hope it helps,