Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Question for anyone running FS2K2 Pro and XP

Installed XP Home couple of days ago. Loaded in FS2K2 with no problems. Default planes, PSS A3XX series, PIC 767, all work fine. Went to spot mode and tried to change the view distance from an aircraft by using View Options. When clicked on View Options, got an error message, referencing ntdll.dll, and asking if wanted to reboot or shutdown FS2K2. Same thing happens whether using default planes and panels or addon planes and panels. Anyone else seen this?ThanksSteve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm running Windows XP (home) & FS2002 Pro. No such problem here.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

Am runningPentium 1.8512 DDRGeforce4TI420029.42 WHQL video driverFS2K2 ProWindows XP Home Edition

Running FS2002 Pro with Windows XP Pro and do not have your problem when setting spot views.

Renamed my FS2002.cfg. Started FS2K2 and let it build a new FS2002.cfg file and no more problem. I had used the FS2002.cfg file that I had been using in 98SE. Don't know what factor was causing the problem yet, but at least it's fixed.Thanks again for your replies.Steve

There are several differences in the files. The main one I know about is how WinXP references joysticks. You may have just had something goofy in the file and WinXP was not as tolerant as Win98.