Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

VC Lighting...

Guest jase439

...I noticed that turning on the dome light in the VC turns my overhead windows in the VC a near opaque green color. Strangely, the side and forward views are unaffected. Turning the dome light off restores the overhead windows to their former (and normal) state. Is this normal?Thanks,Jason Barlow

Hey Jase, how you been man? Ah no unless it's saint patricks day! What are you running your desktop color at? Should MATCH your FS color and both should be 32 bit.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest jase439

Heya, Randy...they're keeping you rather busy around these parts, I see ;-) I wish I had more time for this stuff these days - this hobby is moving far too quickly for me to keep up!Regarding your question: I run both my desktop and the sim at 1280x960x32. ATI 9800XT Pro w/ Catalyst 4.3 drivers. It may be driver related - looks like something's gone amuck with the alpha blending on the overhead windows. Looks like someone pulled a translucent green shade over them. Other transparencies seem unaffected by the dome light.Cheers,J

Can you post a screenie so Vin can take a peek? Thisis the first I've heard of this and there are beta memebrs who run with those drivers so maybe we can locate the problem.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest jase439

Yup. I think it has something to do with the tinting on the overhead windows. The alpha doesn't appear to blend correctly with the VC lighting enabled.Before and after shots below; the third photo is at night where the problem is most pronounced: