Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

<<Descend Path - Help>>

Guest Fjorko

Hello againI'm sorry to bother you lot with a silly question like this.I'm no Expert, but can anyone tell me why my descent path indiator ( purple diamond) is never centered, even if i decsend on VNAV starting at T/D.Only thing i can think of is that i don't enter anything in the Forcast page for the decsend on the FMC.Also, the plane seems very fast when i'm almost at the ILS intercept and when i try to slow it down, the pitch is adjusted so much that i end up way to high for the final approach. I try to use speedbrakes but it doesn't help much.What is the Proper procedure as soon as you reach the T/D to get the plane at the right speed and correct hight at the FAF.Many Thanks

Here is a trick that you can do (well the real pilots can do to!) when you are on the descent path and noticed the plane too low (pointer high) then check speed and push the F4 key (hold it for a few seconds at a time) to bring back speed and it will help regain the path, if plane is too fast and high put out the boards. This does work. You can always transition to the descent path more smoothly by selecting DES NOW a few miles prior to TOD. You can also use V/S prior to the TOD to transition smoothly and then re-enaged VNAV. When you are on final get out of VNAV (Leave LNAV with LOC armed) and select V/S adjusting it to keep the point certered on the deviation guide and set speed accordly. So by the FAF you should be at ALT HOLD maintaining FAF altitude and have flaps and REF set just in time for G/S capture... FOr your HEIGHT at the FAF please consult the correct chart, you can look at USA by ICAO herewww.myairplane.com[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |