Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

in flight spoilers - I cannot find them?

Guest iain williams

Hello yet again! Yes I am new to flying this bird so please be patient with me:)I've read the manuals and several articals, but I cannot seem to find the speed brakes/spoilers for inflight breaking. How do I deply them???? Is it pulling down the arm beside the throttle??? If so, then do you have to disengage the speed button before pulling the arm down??Also, when I land, taxi, then get take off again - I cannot seem to STOP the beeping sound. Breaks are off, and it only beeps when taking off again after landing. Ideas??Thanks...........Iain

It's good to ask questions, that what my boss always says!!! :-hahYes, the speedbreak lever is next to the throttles. Just extend using your mouse. No need to disengage the speed button.The beeping sound on takeoff maybe your trim setting, check that it's in the green area. Also, are you flaps set?Cheers

Guest HercMighty

I have this really easy question about the trim to. I understand the green ban and each mark seems to be in relation to a number. For example you have the one marked 5 then the next ones as far as I can tell are 6, 7, 8, 9 and then 10 is marked. Are these actually 5.6, 5.7, 5.8? The FMC will tell me to set them to 5.2 or some such and I am having a hard time figuring out the scale.

I believe the scale increases in whole units, i.e 5,6,7,8...If the FMC is telling you 5.2, then just get the trim pointer next to the 5, then push twice on the keypad to move up to 5.2...Cheers

Guest iain williams

>It's good to ask questions, that what my boss always says!!!>:-hah>>Yes, the speedbreak lever is next to the throttles. Just>extend using your mouse. No need to disengage the speed>button.>>The beeping sound on takeoff maybe your trim setting, check>that it's in the green area. Also, are you flaps set?>>CheersYes Jamie that is probably it - the trim. Thanks.......Iain