Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

Bug Report - CDI behavior on back courses

Guest tmetzinger

PMDG,Guys, you'll see another post about this, but I figured I'd write it up in what I hope is a clear fashion.The course deviation indicator on the HSI presentation (both the APP view in the ND and MAP and the HSI on the bottom half of the EFIS underneath the attitude indicator) does not work correctly when set up for a back course.What it does is flip instantly from one full-scale deviation to the opposite side, instead of scaling smoothly. Of course, this makes it impossible to manually fly a back course approach or track the BC as part of a missed approach procedure. It also makes it impossoble monitor the raw data when flying a BC approach using LNAV.I verified that the CDI in the default aircraft work properly.I hope that you can put this near the top of the "fix-it" list.Thanks for a great product AND the great support!

Guest iain williams

Hello, Yes I have noticed this also. The pink line snaps left then right and it is impossible to maintain the line in the centre. It works fantastic when a normal ILS appraoch is made. Sorry for the not so technical talk..........Iain

I can confirm this too, both on APP view in ND and below attitude indicator, when doing normal approach, all peachy and when doing back course, it flips left and right.

Guest NBL648

And now I can cancel my eye appointment and the visit to the 'shrink'.....thought I was seeing things.....Thanks Timothy.:DBest, Paul M

Guest tmetzinger

bump.... a "noted" would be appreciated.

A "noted".:-D

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg