Sign in to follow this  
Guest PittsburghII

Flaps dropping

Guest PittsburghII

Hi All, I have noticed that when I shut down the lovely NG (only tried in the -800 version) after having completed the parking and securing and shut-down check lists (as Mr. Metzinger gave them in his excellent tutorial), the flaps start to drop. Is this a reflection of real life? I have never noticed parked aircraft having the flaps deployed, so I guess I must be doing something wrong. Finally, I am searching for my finest hat such that I can take it off and bow in appreciation of the PMDG team and the beta testers! You are truly amazing, guys!:-waveBoazEKCH

Guest EISN_CONTROL

I wasn't aware that PMDG had modelled this. It is an accurate representation of what happens when Hydraulic the hydraulics are turned off.To confirm,simply go to your local airport ;)Nice one PMDG!John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest PittsburghII

So when the check list (suppose you have just received the aircraft from the previous crew that has completed the shut-down and secure check list. You now have to go through the acceptance and start up lists)calls for validating that the flap lever and flap indicator agree, that is regardless of the position the flaps are deployed at?Thanks,BoazEKCH

Guest EISN_CONTROL

The flap indicator will indicate that flaps are up, and this will agree with the flap handle,which is in the fully up position.When hydraulics are switched on again,control surfaces aswell as the flaps will return to their normal positionJohn http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest PittsburghII

Hi John, It is actually here I think things are a little different in the sim. As far as I can recall, the flap indicator does not indicate that the flaps are up, rather that they are deployed. The flap lever will concur this. I am at work right now, so I cannot double check. Will do that later tonight. My question was really more a validation of the meaning of the item in the check list. I quess if the flap handle and the flap indicator agree, despite the fact that the flaps may be deployed on a cold and dark -800, it should be ok?BoazEKCH

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Boaz,No,the Flap handle should be fully up and the flap indicators should confirm this.After landing,ensure that the Engine generators are still on and the hydraulics are on.I remember that it happened to me once,but I havent seen it happen since ?John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Hi Boaz,Are you talking about the L/E Kruger flaps or the trailing edge flaps? The Kruger flaps will droop to a certain extent with hydrualics off but the trailing edge flaps and L/E slats will stay right where they're at. If they droop in real life you have troubles.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi John, I have just verified that the flaps start to drop as soon as I put the start levers in the cut off position as part of the shutdown/secure check list. It is both the LE and TE flaps. I have also noticed that when I load the aircraft, the flaps start to deploy in spite of the flap lever position on my yoke (using the CH Yoke Pro USB).Any ideas?BoazEKCH

Guest Pittsburgh

Am I really the only one experiencing this problem? Could it be an FSUIPC issue?BoazEKCH

Guest harald3

No you are not. For me the flaps drop to somewhere between 2 and 5 and the flap handle can not be moved to anything else than 1 until I start the engines again.CheersHarald