Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Mallows

Correct Electrical Readout Question

Guest Paul Mallows

A quick question: What would a correctly operating electrical system display (in terms of volts and amps) on the overhead panel? Both for the battery (fully charged) and the APU and engine generators. I hope this question makes sense!The reason I ask is that I have had the radio/NAV freeze problem and it seems that the consensus is that it is battery drain that could be a factor. So all this got me wondering what a correctly functioning system would show on the readout panel.As ever, thanks for your time guys!Regards,Paul Mallows...

PaulGood initiative! :-)The number you need to check is the BATT voltage. It should read 24V when generators are runnning. It can prolly go down to 22 when engines are not running. The BATT voltage is the number to the lower left on your ELEC display.Cheers,

Guest Paul Mallows

Thanks for that. Without changing any of my settings, I'll do the same flight as I did before when the problem struck, but this time I'll keep an eye on that BATT voltage. If it drops much below 22V and I get the NAV problem I think I'll have found my problem. Sounds like I'll then probably need to invest in the full version of whatever FSUPIC (or whatever it is) to get infinite battery life!Thanks again,Paul Mallows...