Sign in to follow this  
Guest prichards

TCAS BUG

Guest prichards

Gday PMDG team! Your 737NG is so much fun! I found 1 small bug and thought I would post it here.I fly online lots! When you start a multiplayer game with someone and you both start at the same airport you get double the aircraft showing on your TCAS. When that other person moves the double just sits in that one position.Thanks for your time guys!

I get that too.Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesturday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

How have you set up the multiplayer in the PMDG options?FSUIPC or FS Internal?Also, do you mean pure FS Multiplayer or online with VATSIM/IVAO/etc ?Do you use AIBridge?Do you use SBRelay?George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest NBL648

Hi George, I have noticed this on private multiplayer using the FS2004 Internal setting. I haven't tried the FSUIPC since it appears to require AIBridge or one of the other relays....which I believe Jose wrote as well. :) It's probably a 'ghosting' within FS.Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest prichards

I just fly online using a direct IP connection and the Internal Tcas option!Not really into Vatsim.

Guest TrafficTraffic

I'm guessing it is a ghosting problem inside MS' own TrafficInfo.dll as I'm not sure how PMDG's or my code could create a ghost.BTW, I sometimes fly (rent) spiffy new 172SPs that have TIS installed. This is a lot like TCAS in TA Only mode. Several times I have had ghosts of myself while flying around. I bring this up to point out that it can happen in real life too!Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest TrafficTraffic

I have a new version of my TCAS2v7.dll that has additional filtering in it. If you would like to try it out, please send me an email through this forum.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

I am having some ghosting problems also.Flying 737-800 right now on a direct multiplayer session (non-vatsim) and there is a trail of ghosts behind me about every 20nm. I am using the FS Internal option. They appear to start from my current location and then drift away (like bread crumbs). I am not getting any TCAS alerts from them, just a trail of white diamonds.Is there a fix or updated DLL that can be tried?Thanks,Jason

Ahhhhh stupid me!FYI, I figured it out. Every time I connect FSNav to the multiplayer the TCAS generates a ghost. It's only at the point of connection. After that point, the ghost drifts away. I can live with that (now that I know what causes it).Hope this helps somebody else.Thanks,Jason