Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Regarding the "Locking" of post "Your Vote Please"

I personally asked Francois to do this so please do not blame him if it angers you. I also told him that I would immediately make this post before you all threw something at him. ;)It has served its purpose, and THEN some, and has now become more of an embarrassment for me rather than a tool.Although a majority looked to be in my favor, there ARE times when a majority is not necessarily right. I like the general atmosphere here and the comeraderie of people who all love aviation in one form or another.In the interests of maintaining the peace and comeraderie, especially over something as insignificant as a signature, I will continue with the one that you see now. If there ever are any modifications, I will be sure that it does not "grow" an larger than it is.I sincerely wish to thank everyone, and I do mean everyone, who responded, whether in a negative or positive sense. You're going to get that with a poll and was expected. Thank you all for your honesty.We're all human beings here from different walks of life and in many cases different cultures. It's wonderful that this forum exists so that we may all come together and share our views on a subject we love and, for the most part, get along pretty well at the same time.Thank you everybody, for your insight, your opinion, and your support.Sincerest regards,Heather Anne ShermanP.S.; It WAS a tad big, wasn't it. Hey! I even got myself a negative feedback out of it. I feel so much better! I'm not perfect anymore! Just . . .human.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heather,I missed all the furore over your original post but would like the chance here to say that I love your sig (the current one) and all your posts. :-waveOne teensy weensy suggestion though (which you can ignore if you wish :-)) - what I do when I post here is to have my sig on my first post but on subsequent replies I remove it. This doesn't make any difference to the download times as the graphic is cached anyway, but it does cut down on the amount of scrolling required.Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

That sounds like a VERY good Iain! Is there a way to switch it off and on or do you have to edit your profile every time you wish to do so?Sincerely,Heather

When you start a post (as in 'reply') the first thing you will see is the profile text.Just delete it and then start typing your message... ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave

Heather,You have to have the 'Make signature editable for each post' enabled in your user preferences, otherwise the sig is appended automatically by the system and you can't change it on a post-by-post basis.Edit: I'm assuming you meant to say "sounds like a VERY good idea Iain" in your previous post! :-) :-lolIain Spowart,Scotland.

Yes, a typographical error; just came back from outside and saw that. Was going to edit, but, too late! Not saying that you're not "good" Ian. But then, I'll just have to take your word for it, won't I.That was a good tip, I like it. Thanks y'all.Cheers hun!Heather