Sign in to follow this  
Guest MeltedPixel

FMC Question

Howdy everyone! First post here at Avsim Forums. I have a question regarding the PMDG 737-600/700 FMC. If I want to make a direct-to path to a specified waypoint in the FMC, I click LSK1L to make a direct path to the nearest waypoint. However, I want to make a waypoint to say the second or third waypoint, if I do this it simply copies the waypoint into the "notepad", then when I press the LSK button to make the direct to path it gives me a "invalid information" error.I belive its trying to re-enter the information into that way point, thus it will not let me make a direct to waypoint. I hit this problem on an approach to an airport, where I needed to make a turn to the VOR station stationed under the ILS runway. However, the first option was "KBNA", not the VOR I needed. I tried what I mentioned above, and yet again it did not work. I then botched up the approach and crashed.If anyone needs any more information, or even a video of what I'm talking about I'd be happy to provied it.Thanks,Jon-Kyle :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Uh I am not sure what you are doing but it's done like this:1] Type or line select a waypoint from your route on the LEGS page into the scratchpad (not notepad ;-) ) and then LSK 1 Left and push EXECUTE.2] You can DIR TO any waypoint along the path, the FMC will revove any in-between wpts.3] If you ADD or TAKE-AWAY from your route it will create a route discontinuity that you will need to re-connect manually.4] DIR TO works flawless so I suggest you spend some time reading up on FMS operations ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Aha! Number two did it :). I totally missed that feature in the maunual. Thanks a bunch :)