Sign in to follow this  
avioesemusicas

Need advice on Video Card.

Hi,1st of all, I'm sorry if my post is not on the correct Forum, I know this is for PMDG support only, but in fact I only care for the PMDG NG, and that's what drives me to upgrade my hardware Ok, I'll be in ORD for 1 week, close to a Compusa store and I'm planning to buy a new videocard. I decided for ATI and ended up with 2 choices and need your help in deciding (if you guys could):1- All in Wonder 9800 Pro 128MB AGP 8X2- Radeon X800 Pro 256MB AGP 8XThey cost the same (about $400 + Tax - top of my budget) and I'm in doubt about the memory size. Does it play a big role in frame rates? I am asking you because the All in wonder version has much more bundled stuff but "only" 128MB. I want your thoughts prior to make the decision, 'cause I don't wanna come back to Brazil and figured I made the wrong purchase... hehehe.Thanks for any inputs my friends.Best Regards,

Guest Erups

It's all about performance:the AIW 9800 is noticeably slower then the X800.This not because of the memory, but because the 9800pro is already slower then the 9800xt which is (by test on pre production models) 0,66 an X800 (in other words an X800 is 1,5 times faster then an 9800XT).You should be aware of the performance of both cards to make a decent comparison.Go look for yourself on some site (try a google search with "ati 9800 pro benchmark" and "ati x800 benchmark")BRClaudio