Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thrust-Master

Thank you card from the rookie flight officer.

Guest Thrust-Master

It's been a month with these beautiful aircrafts. I'd like to thank developer PMDG and this amazing forum.I admit that I'm fairly new to flight sim and still there are lots of things to learn.This forum has been a great resourses and a teacher since I bought this product from PDMG. thanks again.here is one of my major pains since I fly PMDG B737.How do you plan the flight ?What programs do you use for the planning flights ? I eventually, found that 'Find Route' feature in FS9 create flight section does not generate acurate profiles for this complex FMC.There seems to be lots of other considerations besides VORs & Intersections like optimium crusing alt. , fuel burn, tempertures, speeds, distances, time, etc. (still don't even know who set the crusing alt. and files to ATC)Thanks in advance.

Guest Paragon

I would suggest the program, FSBuild. It even comes in a free version which is very good.-Mikkel

An Excellent Flight Planer is at www.fltplan.com . It is free and gives you most routes for US and Canada. It also gives government prefered routes.

Guest Buck Bolduc

I purchased a set of high altitude charts from Sporty's pilot shop. For long flights using HA Jet airways I noticed that if you enter a waypoint FMC RTE page.(right LSK) at the end of a Jet route (J-100) for example, inserting J-100 under VIA, left LSK, and then go to the LEG's page all of the waypoints along J-100 are automaticly inserted.So a FP writen as KJFK (SID) J-xxx (waypoint) J-xxx (waypoint) KORD enables you to file a plan that does not need to contain every waypoint along the route. The last waypoint may be in the vacinity of the destination but far enough away for you to have the time to enter Arrival procedures/instructions from ATC. Granted you can guess which runway is in use from Atis and/or wind conditions. However when you have parllel runways it's rather difficult to guess which (R or L) runway ATC wants you to land on.Still learning, but it seems to work well.Regards