Sign in to follow this  
Guest autothrottle

Question about speed

Hello,I have a question about the behaviour in descent of the real 737NG. - When you pass from VNAV to LVL CHG, do you set 240 or 250nds on the MCP ? - In real life, If you are in LVL CHG with a speed of 250nds, is the VS stronger with 250nds than 240nds ?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sir- You need to sign your name as the forum guide states, please take a minute and read these, thank you. This depends. In most places 250 knots is the maximum speed under 10000' but not everywhere. VNAV sets 240 for a 10 knot buffer from 250 knots. You can set 250 if you like. As for your V/S question, I do not know what you mean by stronger? [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

> - In real life, If you are in LVL CHG with a speed of 250nds,>is the VS stronger with 250nds than 240nds ?I think that by nds you mean kts and V/S is not stronger, rather higher...Anyway, about vertical speed it depends wether you're climbing or descending:climbing - the lower the longitudinal speed, the higher the vertical speeddescending - the higher the longitudinal speed the higher the vertical speedHope it helpsClaudio