Sign in to follow this  
Guest spike

A/T wont connect

Guest spike

Hi can anyone tell me how to get the A/T switch to work, it won`t engage when I press the switch.thanksSpike

Look at the overhead. Your GENs are not online.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest topley

>> Look at the overhead. Your GENs are not online.>I had this same problem when I first used this aircraft. After loading, I always shut down with CTRL-SHIFT-F1 then restart the engines with CTRL-E. With most aircraft, this is a quick and easy way to get this done (and the VA I fly with requires that the aircraft be parked at the gate with engines off to start a flight). When I tried this sequence with the 737NG, I found that lots of electrical stuff was left switched off and the A/T would not engage. I worked around it by initially loading the default 737, going through shut down and start up, then changing to the PMDG version. This works, but it's not very convenient. Short of going through the full start from cold and dark, is there a way to do what I want to do in a small number of steps?Kim Topley(Newish, and impressed) 737-NG Pilot

Guest nandrzej

It is a complicated plane and I suppose this is a blessing and a curse.I do not know of any fast way to start it up.I know it is a bore but if chug through the manual it will become more second nature and the required steps will not take nearly so long, and whilst waiting for the APU to come online you can just about get thorugh the origin/destination and init pages in the FMC. Practise and more practise I say, it is pretty satisfying though to taxi out with no cautions showing and no red light lit on the overhead panel.cheers, Nick

Guest spike

Thanks for help and advise, Tis true its a very complete and worthy 737 and praise go to PMDG for the hard work and hours spent.I will study the manual, I have found in the past with unrelated addons that certain problems have been installation or software commpatable isues, so I was just makeing sure to save myself hours of reading and trial and error just to find it was an install prob.Spike

Guest sj3

Spike: No need to read through all the manauls, although you'll know a lot more if you do. If you haven't already gone through Tim Metzinger's Tutorial (v2), do so. At the very least, print out his checklists file and you'll be all let. Clean, very fast engine shutdown and startup will be yours. Good luck.Sam