Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

CH USB Pro Pedals - too sensitive in FS 2002?

Guest Stanner1953

I am about to purchase the CH USB Pro Pedals. I have heard that these pedals are very sensitive to the touch, and that the over sensitivity cannot be ajusted adequately by simply moving the sensitivity slider in FS 2002. For those using these pedals, is the sensitivity comment correct? If yes, how have you corrected this problem?Thanks.Stanner

Guest Twister

Hi,Indeed, the CH pedals are over sensitive in FS2002. Moving the sliders does help somewhat.The problem is that you don't feel any resistance when you apply pressure on the pedals (I guess that this feeling is simulated in expensive "fly-by-wire" systems).Despite that fact, I wouldn't want to use FS2002 (or any simulator for that matter) without the CH pedals - they're great for taxiing and breaking, and are the only way to make proper coordinated turns(i.e. adjusting for adverse yaw).Take careTwister

Guest eko

Install FSUIPC and give yourself a bigger NULL zone in the pedals, they feel great for me now that I have done that.

Guest Stanner1953

Reply to EKO.What is FSUIPC, and where do I find this software?Is it difficult to install? Does it do anything to FS2002, other than adjust the sensitivity for the rudder?Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions.Stanner

Link to FSUIPC: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlIt is a dll file with some additional info such as tutorials. The dll file can be placed in the modules folder of FS2002. Simple as that.For the settings: you mostly have to try and find the settings which suits you best.FSUIPC is a sort of Interface between addon programms and FS2002.Regards, Ferry

StannerI have the CH USB pedals and yoke and they are really great! Yes there is an oversensitivity problem but there are several ways to correct this, so it's really a non-problem. By the way I don't use the CH software as it seems to be unnecessary.David

Guest Stanner1953

David, You stated that there are several ways to overcome the sensitivity problem with the CH USB Pro Pedals. However, you did not indicate what these were. Can you outline what you did to overcome the sensitivity problem?Thank you.Stanner

Guest JonP01

Stanner,One place you can start is with the aircraft.cfg file in each aircraft's root directory. The line you can experiement with is:rudder_effectiveness=1.0 (this is the defult setting).The higher the value, the more sensitive the rudder, the lower the value, the less sensitive. When I was using a twist rudder joystick, I usually just left this value at 1.0. When I changed over to pedals (at the moment just my Sidewinder pedals pending the purchase of the proper Ch Pro Pedals), I found that reducing this value was neccessary in order to retain the same sort of "feel" I got with the twist rudder. I changed it to:rudder_effectiveness=0.7So far as I can tell, all it does is decrease the sensitivity - it does not seem to modify the null zone or range in any way - it just seems to give less rudder movement for a given amount of pedal travel.