Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcbootus

FIXED - Default aircraft panel postions

Guest mcbootus

Dear PMDG,Excellent work as usual chaps, but I was always losing my custom panel size and position settings for my FMC, Radio stack and Lower Eicas in my default aircraft. I always had to resize them when I opened a new aircraft, even though I made my own cold and dark settings default aircraft.I am happy to say that modifying the panel.cfg file fixes these cosmetic niggles. I have changed a few numbers in the panel.cfg file to get the positions shown in the screen shots(Btw my res is 1024 x 768). These settings are always remembered by my 800 and 900 aircraft, though I havent tried the 600 and 700 for these modifications. Below are the succesfully modified panel settings taken from Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-800panelpanel.cfg ://--------------------------------------------------------[Window06] // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=737NGFMC.bmp file_1024=737NGFMC.bmp size_mm=400,600position=8visible=0ident=25window_pos= 0.685, 0.05gauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU, 0,0,400,600,L//--------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------[Window08] // PMDG_RADIO_STACK_PANELfile=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp file_1024=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp size_mm=937,900position=8visible=0Background_color=0,0,0 ident=27window_size= 2.000, 2.000window_pos= 0.270, 0.210gauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!RadioStack, 0, 0, 937, 900//--------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------------[Window15] // Lower EICAS Popupfile=..panel737NG_LowerDU_Background.bmpfile1024=..panel737NG_LowerDU_Background.bmpsize_mm=338,308position=3visible=0ident=10304WINDOW_POS=0.735,0.06gauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!EFISDisplay, 44,34,250,250,LEICAS POPUP//--------------------------------------------------------First backup your 737-800 panel.cfg then copy and paste the three blocks into the appropriate sections. As long as you make a backup of your panel.cfg you should be okay.This definately made life easier for me! *note* I turned off html in this thread because it was removing the [windowxx] part of the above modifications. I have attached the screen shots in a reply.mcbootus

COOL!!!! Is there also a way to reposition the throttle panel, I mostly have my throttles between the warning annuciator and the upper-eicas and it covers a big part of the ND. (the ND you don't need by the engine start.)Keep flying, :)

Guest mcbootus

Hi Ramon,The throttle is a bit of a problem at the moment, its not the same as the other three panels. I think maybe its because its a three piece gauge, and I would need to modify all three parts of the throttle ?? Im guessing but im working on it!If you just want to move the throttle to somewhere more convenient then do the following.1) Back up your panel.cfg just incase!2) Open the panel.cfg file in the 737-800/panel folder3) Find the section begining with:[Window07] // PMDG_THROTTLE_PANEL4) Underneath that should be a line like this:WINDOW_POS=0.63,0.25 where x=0.63 left to right and y=0.25 up and down.5) Modify this setting, save it, reload an aircraft and see if you like it!Hope this helps.mcbootus