Sign in to follow this  
Guest diajohn2

FMC and Saitek X45

Guest diajohn2

Has anyone programmed a button or switch on the Saitek X45 to bring up and close the FMC?

Guest LLgaz

Yep........two ways to do it:1. Assign a keyboard combination for it using the PMDG keyboard assignments in the PMDG keyboard menu. Then assign this key combo to your X45.OR:2. Assign the key combo "SHIFT 6" to your X45. Either method will bring up and close the FMC.

Guest diajohn2

Many thanks for the help. It took me a minute but it works great.:)

Guest LLgaz

>>>>>Have either of you guys (or anybody else)produced a X45 profile for the FMC<<<<

I am particularly interested to see if you had managed to set up FMC controls that use key combinations which include two control keys e.g. CTRL+TAB+(key). These combinatios finish up as CTRL+TAB+(key) CTRL+(key). Which do not work. I already have a set up similiar to yours. Thanks for getting back to me.

Guest LLgaz

Ahh.....I see.In the PMDG keyboard menu, whenever there's a combination that I want to program that has the "TAB" key involved, I change it becuase the "TAB" key doesn't work properly with the Saitek X45 programming.In the case of the FMC, you can leave the PMDG keyboard combination as it is. "SHIFT 6" works regardless of the PMDG keyboard combo.