Sign in to follow this  
Guest VIZE

Is 737 FMC ignoring speed restrictions entered manually or am I doing anything wrong

Hi Guys!I tried following, very short flight. It is "triangle".LKPR RWY24, NER, ETATU, LKPR RX24 (12.0 NM extension), LKPR RWY24 at 4000ft.There seems to be no problem for FMC to accept this path, everything goes fine and I finsh FMC setup process, so that there is PRE-FLT-COMPLETE message displayed on TAKE OFF page.Then I enter LEGS page and put following speed restrictionsNER 230/4000ETATU 180/4000RX24 180/4000Then I push EXEC to make these changes ACTIVE.Ok.I taxi to runway, take-off and select LNAV and VNAV.Both vertical and lateral navigation are completely under FMC control, but speed is 250KT at every waypoint. Don't you know where could be the problem?Thrust mode display says CRZ...Thank you for any comments.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have an easy answer for you but it has to be something very basic...you are activating autothrottle prior to takeoff? Is the aircraft meeting all the altitude restrictions as programmed? My only other suggestion would be to try and delay programming the speed restrictions until after you are airborne and at cruise.Roger Curtiss

The same thing happens to me. THis is programming it on the ground. I'll try in the air next time, thanks!

Guys!Be advised the FMC does not accept speed restriction on waypoints within the cruise phase of flight. It will simply ignore them. Speed changes in cruise is made with SPD INTV and the MCP speed window or on CRZ page on the CDU.Hope it helps,