Sign in to follow this  
Guest MeltedPixel

Couple Questions :)

After a month of owning, flying, learning, and crashing the PMDG 737 I have a couple questions :-lol1) VC Co-pilot Call outsFor some reason in the VC I do not hear the altitude and Vspeed call outs. I found this the hard way. I was taking off with the VC for the first time, with the FMC programmed with the Vspeeds. I started my roll, got down 3/4ths of the runway and I still had not heard 80 KTS. I look down and I'm at 160! By then I had ran off the end of the runway and my gear collapsed.2) Upgrade PerformanceI see on the PMDG site it says the new upgrade to the 800/900 package will make increase your FPS in the older and new models. If so, for those of you that upgraded, how big of a FPS leap did you see? I'm really interested in the VC.Any help would be appreciated,JK

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>2) Upgrade Performance>I see on the PMDG site it says the new upgrade to the 800/900>package will make increase your FPS in the older and new>models. If so, for those of you that upgraded, how big of a>FPS leap did you see? I'm really interested in the VC.JK,I found the VC went from pretty much eye candy that I looked at (and suffered because my beast didn't like the VC), to using the VC as my primary cockpit. And this is on an AMD 2000+, with UT AI at 100%, ect ect. IOW, the FPS increased dramatically. 2D also became smoother, just not as noticable.

Wow, awesome! Thats the pirmary question I wanted answered, too :)What kind of graphics card are you running?

>1) VC Co-pilot Call outs>For some reason in the VC I do not hear the altitude and>Vspeed call outs. I found this the hard way. I was taking off>with the VC for the first time, with the FMC programmed with>the Vspeeds. I started my roll, got down 3/4ths of the runway>and I still had not heard 80 KTS. I look down and I'm at 160!>By then I had ran off the end of the runway and my gear>collapsed.Hit "Alt" to enter the menubar, select PMDG, 737NG, Styles, and on the "Sounds" window, mark V-Spds(V1,VR,V2). Cheers,Cees

>>1) VC Co-pilot Call outs>>For some reason in the VC I do not hear the altitude and>>Vspeed call outs. I found this the hard way. I was taking>off>>with the VC for the first time, with the FMC programmed with>>the Vspeeds. I started my roll, got down 3/4ths of the>runway>>and I still had not heard 80 KTS. I look down and I'm at>160!>>By then I had ran off the end of the runway and my gear>>collapsed.>>Hit "Alt" to enter the menubar, select PMDG, 737NG, Styles,>and on the "Sounds" window, mark V-Spds(V1,VR,V2). >>Cheers,>>CeesJust discovered that myself messing around with the just found menu options :). Thanks a bunch, none the less :D

utilization of the VC with the new upgrade reduce my framerates between 52-55%, thus I am unable make any use of any of the improved VC components.However, using the same test situation, prior to this I was seeing reductions between 67-69% in the orginal release. Therefore, one can say there is some improvement.The 17 minutes test is run over a very specific course with all settings the same (no clouds or AI).FYI