Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leonardo

Panel modification for 1900D

Guest Leonardo

I've just bought the 1900D package and made a couple of modifications to the panel, the first is changing the horrible default EADI with a much better freeware gauge available in AVSIM, it is much smoother than the default one, besides being more functional.Also changed the default clock with a much more functional Davtron.If PMDG has no problems with it I'd really like to upload the new panel.cfg, here are a couple of shots:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79350.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79351.jpg

Guest DZollner

Where'd you get the clock? I've been trying to find a suitable replacement that includes things such as FLT/ET timers. I use the alternate cfg's on the PMDG website to incorporate the RealityXP gauges, which are MUCH better than the default.

Guest Leonardo

The clock is available here at the AVSIM library, simply search "Davtron", also this EADI is available at the library, I don't know how are the RealityXP gauges but this one is really smooth.

Guest Leonardo

Thank you very much, I will upload only the panel.cfg plus the two freeware gauges. Hope some simmers will like it.Again, thank you. :-)

Guest Leonardo

Available right now, I've also uploaded two italian liveries, however in real world those aircrafts are D328 turboprops, hope you have fun anyway. ;-)

Guest gomackay

OK - apologies if a dumb question - how to I 'change' clocks when I get the davtron one please? Thanks for patience!

Guest Leonardo

It's all explained in the package I've uploaded, unfortunately I don't have the files handy right now, anyway you should have a line like this somewhere in your panel.cfg:gaugeXX=Cessna!Clock,X,Y,ZJust change it to something like this:gaugeXX=Davtron!M803,X,Y,Z

Guest DonaldS

Hi;I installed the Davtron guage in the Beech 1900D early on. It works great. It also displays outside air temp in Celsius and Farenheidt as well as Local Time, Universal Time, Flight Time and Elapsed Time.I have noticed one problem with it, though. When flying through a time zone it goes berserkers!I've installed that guage in all of my MS FS9 aircraft and it acts goofy in all of them, when flying through a time zone, that is. It might be something in my computer, although I've had others install it in their aircraft and it did the same thing to them.If anyone has a fix or work around on this, I'd sure like to hear it.Thanks,DonaldS

Guest Leonardo

Strange, I have the Davtron installed on some other panels and never had that problem. Could it have something to do with FS2004 settings in "System Time" or "Flight Time", perhaps also FSUIPC has something to do...never had that bug though.

Guest DonaldS

I dunno.I have the registered (paid for) version of FSUIPC running as well.Just for giggles and grins, try flying from KMCK (McCook, Nebraska) to KDEN (Denver, Colorado) and see if your Davtron guage does not loopy after about 15 minutes of flight time.If it does have something to do with FS2004 settings in "System Time" or "Flight Time", what and how should I have those settings, um set? (what are yours set at?)Thanks for the response,Regards,

Guest Leonardo

Just finished the suggested flight.LT decreased correctly 1h when I passed the time zone, the only thing that goes wrong is the FT, unfortunately it stops counting...ET and LT work fine thoughThese are my settings:FS2004: Settings->General->Time->System Time

Guest DonaldS

Hey! Thanks for doing that.UT and LT do keep right on ticking as they should. I also have FS2004 configured as Settings->General->Time->System TimeThe Davtron's ET and FT go haywire on mine though. Not a big issue. I just note the UT when taking off and note it again when I shut the engines down.Thanks again.Regards,