Sign in to follow this  
Guest meyomyx

FMC fault - or quirk?

HiI've been developing some SIDSTAR files and hence departing many times from the same runway (short and high). It would seem that, if rotation and positive climb does not occur very promptly, approx 60% N1 is commanded - leading to a crash unless Auto throttle is disarmed.What seems to be happening is that I set the speed bug to V2 (which is incremented by 20kts). The aircraft is ruunning fairly heavy and if it is not rotated very promptly, the THR HOLD mode annunication changes to MCP (can't remember specific annunication here) - in other words it seem to suddenly decide to chase the speed set on the MCP (anticipating the aircraft accellerating presumably) at the point when you need max N1.I think that is what is happening.Provided I get the thing flying very sharply, we're OK. Otherwise, we visit some local housing estate!Am I doing something wrong here? I'm sure that this would not happen with the real FMS. It seems to relate to the conditions under which THR HOLD will disengage - and that should surely not be at that point.Nick Kidd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nick,Why are you opening up a new thread with the same content as another one you've posted?It will only confuse and you will be given answers in both threads making it hard for others to follow.As for the question. See your original thread. ;-)Cheers,

Well MatsIt seemed as though we were all headed for a huge discussion about the meaning of V Speeds - I feared people would ignore the real problem!Cheers!