Sign in to follow this  

Airport Apron bleedthru fixes

Hi all,I've received several requests to make fixes for the flashing/shimmering/bleed-thru (we got to find a good name for the bug!) on the aprons of some airports. I've just uploaded Aprnfix2.zip which will replace all the other apron fix files uploaded. It was starting to get confusing with too many names. I put everything into the new file. Have at it!

Guest Scott Campbell

Page,I could give you the animation term for this, but it's rather geeky (Multiple Poly Layering Texulization Cross-Filtering Bleed-through), but I think "Default scenery texture bleed-through" would be fine. ;-)Just so everyone knows, the problem is that horizontal layers in 2K2 aren't being layered properly, especially where there are no airport polys to flatten the underlying mesh.I don't know how you are doing it, but I use A&SD to make an airport poly, which also creates a flattening poly and fixes the problem. I assume you are doing something similar. If I have to, I also make my own apron polys with a high layer number.However you are doing it, it's greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work.

BTW Page, Thanks for KMLB! It works great. I really appreciate it.Best

Page,Could you update us all on what fixes we can see from you in the future. As I have mentioned in earlier post KSEA/KLAX have ramp texture problems and I believe that the grass between the runways and taxiways is in sad shape as well.Thanks again for all your hard work.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Guest HeavyFan

YEah PAGE GREAT work!! Could you make the Aprons around the Gates of KLAS,KSEA,KORD,PANC,I forget the IACo Code for the Detailed Default scenery Airpot's in the U.K. Since you fixed SFO to have Concrete around the Gates I was hoping you could do the same for these Airports!! Keep up the great work Page!! MIKE-:)

I'll try to get those all done. Currently I have my son & his family here and the kitchen being remodeled, so getting to this computer isn't too easy. I have to sneak in here just to read my e-mail. In any event, keep sending me what airports need fixing. It's a heck of a lot easier than doing KCVG again!

Hi Page,thank you very much for putting in the time and effort to fix one of the irritations with FS2002. I, for one, greatly appreciate your work, and I'm sure everyone else who has downloaded it does as well.Enjoy the time with your family and the new kitchen.Best wishes,Gosta.

Hi Page,Could you add KATL Atlanta to your list?Also, could you explain further exactly what you are doing?I don't have A&SD.Can it be done with Airport for Windows or even GMax???Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)