Sign in to follow this  

Adding a hardrive, can I move old scenery to it?

Hardrive is filling up, only 1/2 gig of space and so......going to add a large slave HDD......Lets say I keep FS2002 on my old hardrive but move ALL my old scenery from the old HDD to the new one......and then go into scenery.cfg and replace all lines such as "Local=scenedbcitiescairo" with the new path to the scenery on the new drive, then will FS2002 work OK like before??Thanks.Question 2: Does it matter which editor I use for editing scenery.cfg, Wordpad, or Notepad, or ...?:-zhelp :-zhelp Thanks in advance,== WHK ==

edit the scenery.cfg to send FS2002 to the right folder and Fs2002 will be quite happye.g[Area.134]Title=Orlando 2002Local=d:sceneryOrlando2002Remote=Layer=134Active=TRUEuse the senry editor in FS2002 to tell it where it is.I use notepad myself and put them in manually but everyone does it their own way.DMB

Hey, thanks! So...that tells me that I don't have to reinstall my whole OS just to perserve FS2002 configuration. In fact following your instruction it will be easy...Great forum here at Avsim for help with FS2002...Cheers! William K. Hatfieldhttp://pweb.jps.net/~wasatch/_uimages/cessna.gif== WHK ==