Sign in to follow this  
BAW014

Incorporating the data printer in the 744

PMDG,Is there anyway we could incorporate this feature of a data printer in the 744? I was thinking about the possiblity and what we could do. One train of thought I had would be to have a menu of possible print outs such as a Performance Data Message and Loadsheet message (see below for examples) which could be created through the load edit and calculations in the FMC, when all these are completed a message could be selected from the PMDG menu. Perhaps showing ZFW, TOPL, FLAP selection. QNH, Temp and flight number would all be entered into the FMC allowing it to be read directly from there. NAT track messages would be harder to create but with some thought could be done. MET Reports are also printed off on the 744 and it may be possible to link this in with the current weather set in FS. These messages could be created as small text files and then printed off by the user/pilot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84399.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84400.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84401.jpgObviously the user would be creating there own Message but in an indirect way, creating realism.Could be a nice feature!Just a thought,Alex Macdonald

Guest ben_hewitt

Would be indeed nice to have the onbard printer facility - very helpful and would add a lot of realism- especially arrival ATIS's downloaded from somewhere into the FMC and printed.

I'm pleased you like the idea Ben. That's also a good idea about downloading an ATIS. What do you think PMDG?Cheers,Alex Macdonald - BAW014

Guest Balrog

Love it! Especially having an ATIS that gets updated via ACARS. Maybe this also could find its way into a future upgrade to the NG`s as well? Rgds,Kjell

I just love that idea.In fact. I was thinking about this when I heard that some kind of ACARS implementation was pending from the dev guys.If an ACARS add-on becomes availible I will go out and research what a cash register printer might cost, saw a slot in my table desktop and install the printer beneath it. ;-)Cheers,

I'm really pleased you like the idea guys!I think Mats has got it right in thinking about having his own actual printer too!What do other think?Cheers,Alex Macdonald - BAW014

Guest hlm65

Nice idea !and even if not printable, the ACARS message with perf/wx messages would be very very realistic...and nice to have on the NG too (the ACARS now already is performing the basic out/off/on/in timings).