Sign in to follow this  
Guest Celloplayer

A few quick questions on warning messages

Guest Celloplayer

Hi Guys! New to the forum. I've been flying the PMDG 737 since the -600/700 release, and first, hats of to the guys who've developed it. I've noticed a few messages that happen on some of my flights, when conditions require me to change certain things inflight. messages like:1. Overspeed Disconnect2. Descent Path unavailableAlso, How do I get the aircraft to overfly a waypoint in a turn and not abbreviate the turn? In short, how do I get it to overfly the waypoint before starting the turn?And hehe.. This for the lazy people.. Don't NG's have autotune?Will appreciate any inputs from you guys.thanks!Mike

Well I will answer most for you.1. Overspeed Disconnect This happens in the descent phase because the default descent mode (VNAV PATH) only concerns itself with keeping the path profile and the target speed is for planning/reference purposes, the AFDS will make no attempt to keep "speed" unless you are too slow. So monitor your speed, keeping it under the barber poll (A few knots under red bricks on speed tape) or keep the boards out till you slow close to target speed. Under 10K you do not have as much room to spare with excess speed, 15 knots over target and you will get VNAV reversion to LVL CH OR CWS P.2. Descent Path unavailable Make sure you have an END OF DESCENT programed otherwise the aircraft cannot build a descent profile, descent profiles are always built backwards up to the TOD. Choose a rwy, if you need to change this on the FMC you still have time coming down.Don't NG's have autotune? Hehe no they do not ;-) Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Mike,To overfly a waypoint there may be several ways, but you could insert a PBD waypoint or even a ATW waypoint close to the waypoint you wish to overfly. Of course you can also change to HDG mode, and revert to LNAV when over the waypoint.If the waypoint is part of a sid/star procedure, you can edit the waypoint with the OVERFLY command, ex NAVAID OVERFLY ABC, or FIX OVERFLY ABC, where ABC is the waypoint or fix.

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Per,I didnt realise I could do this...So if I wanted to overfly DUBLIN,i.e DUB vor then I would say:NAVAID OVERFLY DUB?Doesnt sound like FMC syntax to me!John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest FattyBear

I think hes referring to the SID/STAR database. I guess that decides which waypoints are Flybys and which ones are Flyovers.

Guest Dino_Giannasi

>NAVAID OVERFLY DUB?>Doesnt sound like FMC syntax to me!Hi,you are right - it isn't...Smiths and Honeywell FMCs on NG don't have an OVFY key, like Airbus'.To make it short you have 3 ways to workaround this.i. change to HDG until you pass the desidered fix as said before.ii. overfly the fix IF this is ALREADY present in a SID/STAR procedure. Here we mean a sid/star proc file written for the 737NG. The language allows the insert of OVERFLY commands in the script.iii. insert one or more custom waypoints in your flight plan using NAV/RAD or LAT/LON, so that the resulting track is over the desidered fix.Hope this helps.All the best.Dino Giannasi

Hi all again.Maybe I was a little bit unclear, but I did not state that the OVERFLY command could be used directly in the FMC. What I meant was of course to insert the OVERFLY command in the procedure file. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest Celloplayer

Hey, thanks guys. This thread really helped. Awesome inputs!Mike