Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Flying the Cessna Caravan at super-high altitude !

I just got off flying the default Cessna Caravan up to 28,500 feet from Anchorage, Alaska. I tried to attach a screenshot, in the event folks thought I was kidding, but the AVSIM server kept giving me upload errors (only 64K pic), so sorry, no pic available as of this posting.Took ages to get there and SPD decayed steadily. Last few thousand feet climbed at average 100 fpm. Decided that FL285 was quite high enough since it's about the lowest possible safe cruise angle and even then, prolly stretching the envelope to breaking point.Doncha just love FS?Cheers!JS

Guest RobK

I flew the Caravan around Mt. Everest once at about 28,000 ft. Had to keep the nose pitched up about 5 degrees just to keep the plane level I was losing so much airspeed.Rob

In the movie "Mr. Deeds" they lift a frozen mountain climber off the very tip top of Everest with a helicopter! So I suppose anything is possible when it isn't real! L.Adamson