Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

How to ..... remove an airport

I loaded an airport using ACAD it was was on those that actually added another airport to the same location so you wind up with say KLGA and KLG2, latter I thought better of what I had done but now can't find a way to remove KLG2 without reloading the defaults which means reloading again a whole lot of files.Anybody know how to decompile the *.blg file or how to remove a single airport from showing up in ATC?*note KLGA used as example only as I'm on a different machine right now

Guest Joshieca

I don't think that theres a way to remove a single airport from the .bgl file, although I could be wrong, but I didn't find it in AFCAD..To restore that AREA's .bgl only, open up the AFCAD edited file...on the top of the .txt file you will find this info (of course it will be different for your airport); Flight Simulator Airport KCRQ (McClellan-Palomar); File generated by AFCAD Version 1.2.2; HomeFile( "usswaf05.bgl" )The key thing here is the BOLD text above. Thats the name of the file where that airport is at. Find that file, and you should see the original file right near it. Just delete this file, and rename the backup to this and that will restore the airport....THE BAD thing is that it will also restore all of the airports in that area.Good luck...Josh[div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

Posted by Tom Gibson:"If I only have one airport in that BGL that I modified, then I just restore the .ORIGINAL file.However, if I have several modified airports in that file, and would like to revert only one to the default airport, here's how I do that:1. Rename xxx.bgl to xxx.bgl.modified.2. Rename xxx.ORIGINAL to xxx.bgl (you now have the default BGL installed).3. Load the default airport into AFCAD, and Export it as ICAOorig.txt.4. Now rename xxx.bgl to xxx.ORIGINAL5. Rename xxx.bgl.modified to xxx.bgl (you now have your modified BGL installed).6. In AFCAD, Import your ICAOorig.txt file. When it asks to overwrite, say YES.7. Save the file. You have now reverted that one airport to the default, but kept all your other modified airports.Hope this helps,-- Tom Gibson"As Tom indicated above, hope this helps!!